1. HEALING STRATEGIES
Ngā Rautaki WHAKAora
One idea is when you’re feeling okay write a list of things you know help make you feel good. Look at this list when you’re feeling rough. Make a commitment to do at least one thing on the list when you are feeling low.
Here are somethings you might add to your list. Keep your list and pull it out whenever you need to.
- Hang out with friends and whānau/family
- Ring a support line
- Talk to someone you trust
- Volunteer for a cause that you care about
- Punch a boxing bag, or a pillow
- Play sports
- Read a book
- Cook something you love eating
- Redecorate your room
- Play computer games
- Lie outside at night and look at the stars
- Play music
- Write - music, poems, raps...
- Go shopping
- Go to the movies
- Hang out with people who make you laugh
- Go on a fun mission somewhere
- Discover a part of town you’ve never been to